Monday, February 5, 2024

Radio

 I wanted to talk a bit about radio.

I quite enjoy radio as a hobby. I have several radios including a good desktop and a portable shortwave receiver  that each cover AM, FM and shortwave bands. Also a desktop and a handheld scanner plus a handheld ham radio.

The radio I use the most if a small box by my computer that is controlled by computer software. It looks like this when running:

This radio receives EVERYTHING. AM, FM, all shortwave and ham radio bands. Also aircraft, public safety, and a lot more.

Anything really interesting that I manage to hear I will try to record and share here.





Another radio related thing I wanted to pass along is the website Radio Garden.
When you go there you will see a map of the world with lots of green dots:

Each of those dots is an active radio station. This screenshot is of a station in London that I was listening to.
You can move around the world map and click on a dot or you can use the search function to bring up stations in a particular city anywhere in the world.

If you speak a second (or third, fourth, etc.) language you can navigate to that country and listen to stations there.

Well, that's all for now.
Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment